Drid Machine [coll] – [Drid Machine]
Just played the Drid Machine lottery and picked 14 winners in a
row. Killer collection out of Norway by way of KFJC ally Noxagt
(they contibute a track and Kjetil Brandsdal from that band
is the chief druid behind Drid.)
1) noise concrete goes dub to start, to shart…
2) Anders Hana (still way too underappreciated
with some kind of goth Jezebel vocals in the swirl)
3) percussion theme continues Gaute Granli with the
martial snare rhythm before guitar crescendoes
4) Anders returns as a drumming half of Pokemachine, aiming for
the ears and shooting Lightning Bolts in ’em. Pogo Voco Mania!
Gets kinda stony Thronesy at the end.
5) With that the drummer dies and an Imaginary Rock Band arises
a pretty flickering oasis of electronics
tight segue coming up, DJ you’ve been warned
6) the drummer revived for the might Staer, heavy as any Daughter
and instrumentally set for slaughter. Great drums on this
Possibly the heaviest of the songs on this!
7) Witchface comes to rescue you pure impure punk fans with
a sleazy slider, drunk on seventh chords and pineapple vodka
with the distorto-phonic vocals you need
And that’s one side, you could call it a day and be good but
8) robot with hiccups or Christian Marclay in two persons or maybe
if techno were all gritty and oily and not just clean wires?
kicking off the experimantra side in fine style
9) farting hovercraft built with a tuba and alien metal
the lady pilot (Urd J Pedersen) sings in English
parks on the dance floor, flirts or taunts or both?
boom Boom BooM BOOM!
hey mangled guitar wizardry at the end
METT may be my favorite, this is their KFJC debut!
10) Freddy the Dyke, I am going to guess this is a Norwegian
cartoon character for kids TV.
turns out this art damaged pop breakfast ends up
being a massive meal
11) Banking rock guitar off the invisble forcefields
Ultralyd Ultrahits the Ultraspot again
quick and gone
12) manic math rock with the space phasers to close
baby’s gpt them high speed Brutal Blues
13) Noxagt – not angst – got axe – now exacting
Jackson Pollock splatter almost felt like two songs
fighting over one, nuff said, but not enough played
14) Abuseman is back after an initial Greatest Hits
pygmies on pluto? bokonon no 1?
I’m not sure where the field recordings stop
and the layering starts or vicer versa, but
international noise conspiracies are great
This record is a good argument for broadcasting a Stavanger
festival, the album splits sort of into two halves, the first
drum-driven heavy but not slow rock, and the second a more
tweaked, twisted take with still heaviness. There’s a unifying
element to the fine diversity here. Stavanger sound? Even the city’s
name, Stavanger… starve for anger, stay anchor, scavengers
rings in my mind after this excellent comp.
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File