Krzysztof Penderecki “Symphony #7: ‘The Gates of Jerusalem'” [Wergo]
A new face to KP’s music is added to KFJC’s library here – and a very welcome one. MASSIVE vocal and orchestral forces combine in a typically Polish postwar lyrical idiom (see also Lutoslawski & especially Gorecki for contemporaries). It’s in 7 movements. See the excellent liner notes (you go, Wergo!) for details. The dramatic climax is in part V, but remarkable aural thrills follow through to the end.
Desperate but not frantic.
-Cujo, KFJC, October 2006
you heard it 29 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 317 days ago, Katie 2 played Part I: Magnus Dominus Et Laudabilis Nimis
- 1152 days ago, Hemroid the Leader played Part VI: Hajeta Alai Jad Adonai
- 1650 days ago, Morris Minor played Part I: Magnus Dominus et laudabilis nimis
- 1692 days ago, Fox Populi played Part V: Lauda, Ierusalem, Dominum
- 1938 days ago, Mickey Slim played Part I: Magnus Dominus et laudabilis nimis
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File