Matt Davignon – “SoftWetFish ” – [Edgetone Records]
Improv electronic experimental soundscapes, tracks range from chirping like insects, ringing, drum tones, keyboard ambience, click and pop, static and underwater ears plugged. Unlike loop or minimalistic music, Davignon engages attentive listeners to become lost in the relentless jams. There is no meter nor harmony, as tracks realistically represent the chaos of nature. Pieces tend to be echo heavy, with minimal looping giving the listeners a much more intense interaction. Production-wise, some intentional cd-skips are left throughout the disc and no fade-outs have tracks ending with a harsh aikido assassination. Track 4 has a great wet cave feel for the spelunker in all of us. The first 3 tracks reminds me of the noises that the tree branches make on your windows at night, or the clawing of zombies into flesh, harsh sandpaper toilet paper, like a cats tongue must feel on their orifices.
– johnny darko
you heard it 22 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 549 days ago, lexi glass played lying in grass, gazing upwards at 11:30pm
- 622 days ago, Max Level played lying in grass, gazing upwards at 11:30pm
- 1895 days ago, Paulsky played This Again!
- 2905 days ago, Cousin Mary played lying in grass, gazing upwards at 11:30pm
- 3417 days ago, Natasha played lying in grass, gazing upwards at 11:30pm
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File