Irr. App. (Ext.) – “Perekluchenie ” – [Beta-Lactam Ring Records]
Fascinating artwork outside and an intriguing one-act play
inside on the liner notes are part of the web woven by the
mighty Matt Waldron. He’s not alone, joined by folks like
Chrysal Belle Scrod’s belle Diana Rogerson, Jim Haynes, R.K.
Faulhaber, a former queen of Aquarius, an unwound/unwinding
Steven Stapleton and others, we get an album that taunts and
haunts the senses. So an impressionistic review is required.
A1- Underwater overture? Creaky tweakage? Tale of the birds
and the bleeps? Puts the “amor” in “amorphous?”
A2- Spoken spookening? Aliens eavesdrop in on thoughts of
carcasses, insects? It begins/ends with a child’s exclaiming.
A3- Gypsy whirlpool? Not all hollow-body guitars float? Filled
with that sinking feeling, that lovely sinking feeling?
B1- Distance > existence. Sounds made by people already dead,
like that star we’re only seeing just now? Piano clong sprong
song? Spring break, fall forever. The dogs howl because they
understand (sorry…). Shenai traffic jam towards the end!?!
B2- Unstill sounds of illness? Unsound stillness? A balloon
choked to death in an empty missile silo?
More questions than answers for me. Was the bonus picture
disk a recording of the chimp on violin and cat on piano as
mentioned in the one-act tract?
PS I second Matt in his Faun Fables fawning!
you heard it 27 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1268 days ago, Laethaka played Hypothetical Tardigrade Resurrection, Parts 4, 5 & 6
- 1270 days ago, Laethaka played Perekluchenie: The Stairway to The Blue Light Subsides
- 1939 days ago, Paulsky played Wretched Density
- 1946 days ago, Mickey Slim played Hypothetical Tardigrade Resurrection, Parts 4, 5 & 6
- 2098 days ago, Ms. Tiza played Hypothetical Tardigrade Resurrection, PArts 2 & 3
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File