…Leave Your Body Behind [coll] – [Bananafish]
Max Level 8/20/2006 A Library, CD
CD included with issue #15 of Bananafish magazine; all in all it’s a variety of artists doing some pretty messed-up stuff. The two tracks by Volvox are extremely disturbing: sick voices, electronic squawks, dizzying panning action. Two tracks by Christine Shields are lo-fi, fuzzy, and loopy. John Crouse contributes some spoken word material with saxophones, talking mostly about genitals. Screechy, buzzing tone poems by Agog, Volcano The Bear, and Rats With Wings. The Coyle and Sharp track is amusing but not their funniest material. The star of the collection is a 14-minute electronic composition by Romania’s Ana-Maria Avram with its dark rumbling layers of heavily-processed sounds. This collection (as well as the others in the Bananafish series) is not for the musically squeamish.
you heard it 43 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 505 days ago, Puplaif played Etude (1) for Computer...
- 2621 days ago, abacus finch played Extraordinary Swordfish
- 2622 days ago, Louie Caliente played Etude (1) for Computer...
- 2841 days ago, Number 6 played Extraordinary Swordfish
- 2841 days ago, Number 6 played Horse Eat Grass
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File