Death Convention Singers – “S/T” – [Sick Sick Sick]
Desolate desert drones from this collective of experimental nomads and bandidos out of New Mexico. A super-ensemble of 18+ musicians playing bass, “noise”, drums, violin, clarinet, turntable, banjo and label head Raven Chacon on classical guitar. The opener hits hard with a sinister overblown doom dirge that plods and pummels in torrential fury. The bludgeoning drums burgeon under the heaving mass of bass feedback obesity. The second monolith is a rustic ghost town nightscape with phantoms lingering amidst the sagebrush along dusty mountainsides and through echoing canyons. The final track comes to a sudden factory halt with various subsequent machinery malfunctions. Frantic whirr and crackle of intersecting trains give way to a hypnagogic fairy-go-round the drain swirling into sleepy silence. A variety of sounds ranging from stark and bare to overblown and chaotic. Patience wields no reward but is an end in itself.
you heard it 18 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1119 days ago, lexi glass played The Ballad of Sandoval County
- 1373 days ago, Christless Eve played The Ballad of Sandoval County
- 2638 days ago, Billie Joe Tolliver played I Wish They All Could Be Jemez Pueblo Gurlsss.
- 3115 days ago, Amelia Earheart played Beso De Ese
- 3237 days ago, Thee Opinataur played Beso De Ese
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File