Naked Orchestra, the – “Brief Repairs on the Gradually ” – [Jonathan Freilich Records]
The avant-garde music scene in New Orleans is a bit rough – there is so much other great musics going on there it gets ignored by most. Jonathan Freilich (New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars) put this group together to explore the outside possibilities of New Orleans & klezmer traditions. The others in this orchestra come from some of the best brass/funk/punk/junk bands. Some of the compositions are a bit stiff and “anti-funky” – something that is very hard to do in “The Big Sleazy,” but the rest have an unusual energy. Track 5 takes klezmer harmonies at an analytical pace so you can really hear the complexities of the chords and rhythms. *review by Studebaker Hawk
you heard it 16 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1686 days ago, Carson Street played Well...Whatever!
- 4776 days ago, Dave Richoux played The Semetic Problem
- 6664 days ago, Spliff Skankin' played Memories of 22 Dartmouth Rd.
- 6672 days ago, John Goldfarb played The Theme:Red Bathed in Blue
- 6678 days ago, Spliff Skankin' played Brief Repairs on the Grad...
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File