Anderson, Marisa – “Mercury” – [Mississippi Records]
Portland, Oregon based Marisa Anderson says she applies classical technique to her music. No matter, this is lovely stuff for solo guitar and lap steel (no vocals) that shows stunning virtuosity. Her renditions of her compositions bridge boundaries of folk, blues and country.
This album is said to recall experiences from her travels that began at age 19 and continued for 15 years.
Haunting, lush, beautiful.
you heard it 40 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 889 days ago, Lucky Jae played Hesitation Theme and Variation Blues
- 910 days ago, Lucky Jae played Hesitation Theme and Variation Blues
- 946 days ago, Deodorized Career-girl played Red Sky
- 978 days ago, Alizarin Crim played Austin, Eureka, and Ely
- 988 days ago, Alizarin Crim played Hesitation Theme and Variation Blues
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File