Japonize Elephants From… – “40 Years of Our Family ” – [Tzme Productions]
The strangeness continues. Everybody’s favorite hillbilly klezmer vaudeville gypsy circus orchestra is back with another load of their cheerfully disturbing (disturbingly cheerful?) song stylings. The players wear makeup and costumes and have names like Schmeeglewop and Zozzy. Do you like sax, flute, accordion, guitar, banjo, xylophone, tin whistle, trumpet? A percussionist who plays nothing but Junk? You’ll love this stuff. They have a full-time glockenspiel player, for heaven’s sake. The music doesn’t sit still; it twists and turns and blasts and bounces from style to style. It’s a surprise a minute, and an exhilarating ride. Excellent musicianship, cartoon-ish vocals, bizarre lyrics: bacon, whiskey, personal hygiene, some low-budget Francais, etc.
you heard it 34 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 69 days ago, Lurker played Molly's Midget Mansion
- 244 days ago, Lurker played Molly's Midget Mansion
- 265 days ago, Lurker played Bob's Bacon Barn Train Bacon Grass Special #3 Pt 1
- 2605 days ago, Maybelline played Implied Leprosy
- 3430 days ago, Give Me All the Bacon and Eggs played Bob's Bacon Barn Train..
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File