Adams, John – “Road Movies” [Nonesuch Records]
stingray 1/14/2005 A Library, CD
Neo-classical post-minimalism from composer, San Francisco Conservatory of Music mainstay, and 2003 Pulitzer Prize winner John Adams. This CD contains new recordings of several Adams works. Road Movies uses piano and violin, while the others have only piano (2 pianos on Halleluiah Junction).
The music is consonant, beautiful, and warm. It is simple without crossing the line into banality that would classify it as ‘new age.’ My favorites tracks are the slightly more strident ones (1, 3, 6, 8).
you heard it 36 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 184 days ago, Cousin Mary played China Gates
- 995 days ago, Gonk The Computer played American Berserk
- 1114 days ago, Cousin Mary played China Gates
- 1336 days ago, Medusa of Troy played Hallelujah Junction 1
- 1626 days ago, Cousin Mary played Hallelujah Junction 1
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File