New Music From Japan [coll] – [Odyssey]
This old LP has very nicely recorded orchestral works from three 20th Century composers from Japan. Akira Miyoshi was born in 1933 and studied in the 1950’s in Paris, before returning to Japan. Toru Takemitsu (1930-1996) had many influences such as John Cage and musique concrete; he composed many film scores including Akira Kurosawa’s Ran. Toshiro Mayuzumi (1929- 1997) also studied in Paris and also wrote many film scores. Very original, often delicate, very listenable, western music with Japanese inflections.Might sound cinematic, but which came first?
PGM: LP is monaural.
you heard it 14 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 380 days ago, Avakhov played Textures
- 2021 days ago, Thee Opinataur played Textures
- 2650 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played Concerto For Orchestra: Lento
- 2650 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played Concerto For Orchestra:Prestissimo
- 2650 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played Concerto For Orchestra: Presto Molto Vivo
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File