Fourtet/Hella [split] – [Ache Records]
Ache is putting out a series of split 7-inchers, calling it the “Divorce” series (split = divorce, get it?). Here it’s Fourtet, a solo project by Kieran Hebden, on one side, giving us a slow instrumental full of blippy keyboards and random drumming. On the other side, the duo known as Hella bring us their usual spazzy madness; chaotic keyboards and samples atop some pretty incredible drumming. I think Ache’s idea with each of these splits is to bring together two artists who aren’t normally linked, but who work in similar fashion. These two tracks aren’t particularly similar sounding, but both feature keyboards/samples and live drumming. A cool release.
you heard it 29 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 2254 days ago, Kai Sync played Stephen Hawking Has a Posse
- 3780 days ago, Surfer Rosa played Both When I Am Alone and We Both Are
- 4085 days ago, Abacus Finch played Both When I Am Alone and We Both Are
- 4234 days ago, Animal Jin played Both When I Am Alone And...
- 4279 days ago, George Foothill played Stephen Hawking Has a Posse
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File