You’ll Never Get to Heaven – “You’ll Never Get to Heaven” – [Divorce Records]
humana 11/13/2012 12-inch, A Library
This is a lovely pop ambient release of short, pleasing tracks filled with shimmery, hazy music that bubbles to the surface like the effervescence of champagne. The gentle electronic alchemy of Chuck Blazevic is enhanced by the dulcet vocals of Alice Hansen (both artists are based in London, Ontario). You may wonder if the substance is more lasting than the fizz of champagne, but consider that the source material is as old as early 20th century classical and 1970s dub vinyl, and really, what’s wrong with an evanescent pleasure, anyway?
you heard it 26 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 3587 days ago, Apollo Hades played Wait
- 3734 days ago, Sluggo played Reliable Effects
- 3735 days ago, John Lilly played Come Around
- 3742 days ago, Number 6 played It's All Over
- 3745 days ago, Crimson Retrospect played Disillusionment For The Emotional Type
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File
Yank B says
They smash champagne bottles on launching ships, don't they!
Yes! Enough to tickle your nose and make you sneeze.