Ulher/Mallozzi/Zerang – “Landscape:Recognizable ” – [Creative Sources]
Creative sources indeed. Ulher plays trumpet as a sound source, rather than a ‘musical’ instrument. So she’s blowing, squeaking, sputtering, hissing, and like that. Zerang coaxes subtle sounds from various percussive objects, whistles, bird calls, etc. Mallozzi adds higher-tech input with his CDs, voice material, turntables, and microphones. Once in a while the trio gets a bit of a clamor going, but generally these sound concoctions are on the sparse side, with a backdrop so quiet that every nuance really stands out. Track lengths fall within the 6 – 9 minute range, which is about the right size for unearthly sound pieces like these. Great headphone material.
you heard it 17 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 310 days ago, Cynthia Lombard rebroadcast played Taming the Nobility
- 751 days ago, Justin Outlier played What About the Phoenicians?
- 2976 days ago, Roland Blunt played Taming the Nobility
- 4315 days ago, Justin Outlier played What About the Phoenicians?
- 4553 days ago, Groundswell played Taming the Nobility
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File