Nehemiah St-Danger – “Slow and Painful Birth of Nehemia St-Danger, The” – [Post-Consumer]
One-man-band bedroom rock operetta of hallucinatory grandeur about post-9/11 America from this musical vagabond and herald of a new American folk music. Nehemiah St-Danger began his musical career working with CW Vrtacek (Biota) before moving to Oakland. There he squatted at Mills College for an extended period of time, fraternizing amongst the avant superstars and illicitly using the SF Tape Music Center. Since then he worked with Leyna Noel (Pocohaunted), Chris Stroffolino (Silver Jews), and Greg Ashley (The Gris Gris). He currently works with Arrington De Dionyso’s Malaikat Dan Singa. Back in 2005, he sunk into obscurity and began work on this album, picked it up again in 2008 and after hard drive failures, digital reconstruction and rerecording, we have this personalized showpiece of cultural exploration and self discovery. Vibrant layering on 4-track of guitar, percussion, keyboards and various “MIDI vomiting robots” in a sloppy, choppy melodic, dazzlingly complex and discordant aesthetic. Eclectic varieties of blues, folk and RnB a la Beefheart/Dead with the attention span and spiritual energy of a modern day mushroom muncher. We get everything from raga stomps and storytime ’round the piano to wrenching guitar ballads and abstract tape experimentalism. This is truly a period piece for our paranoid yet liberating times.
you heard it 21 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 996 days ago, Milo Minderbender played Invocation of The Old "Come On Brother, Now"
- 1900 days ago, Pete Dixon played Let's Take Some Drugs to The Park
- 2690 days ago, Mickey Slim played Nehemiah St-Danger Lost and Alone In The Song of Impermanenc
- 2697 days ago, Surfer Rosa played Nehemiah St-Danger Lost and Alone With The Tiger Ate My Head
- 2697 days ago, abacus finch played Blood Mysteriously Manifests Itself In The Yolk
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File