Nazoranai – “Nazoranai” – [Editions Mego]
Here is a collaboration of epic proportions. This trio includes the godly musings of Keiji Haino, Stephen O’malley and Oren Ambarchi. This was recorded in Paris November 2011. Do not come here in search of rock and roll, this is for lovers of noise, drone and stacks of sound. Ominous, pounding, angular, darkness…heavy and dripping with drone, speckled with shimmering bursts of total freak out. Haino’s vocals groan through a tortured growl or a heavenly moan. His guitar delivering a face-melting wall of dissonance, always in flux, flawlessly complimented by Ambarchi’s blistering drum battery and the low-end, earth-shaking rumble of O’malley’s bass work. This is a universe of guttural tension. So much tension. The imminent doom of noise lies behind each moment of relative calm. It cooks in all its smokiness, riding on a black wave of massive proportions. Brace yourself… you are in for a concussion. -Surfer Rosa
*note- side C comes to a screeching halt at 21:58 minutes.
you heard it 24 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 270 days ago, Black Horizons played Feel The Ultimate Joy Towards The Resolve of Pillar Being...
- 611 days ago, John Goldfarb played Getting a Bit Blurry/ Brush Up Your Cartel and Devote It....
- 705 days ago, Grawer played Feel The Ultimate Joy Towards The Resolve of Pillar Being...
- 1189 days ago, Naysayer played Feel The Ultimate Joy Towards The Resolve of Pillar Part 2
- 1415 days ago, Laethaka played Not to Leave Everything to The Light Outside of You
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File